This is the original version of the poem I wrote back in December. This version was more of a love poem than its spoken word counterpart.
Three more minutes could have turned into another week,
Another lifetime with you in this short existence.
Three more minutes is all I wish I could get back,
Just three more minutes.
Is three minutes in heaven the same as three minutes in hell?
Three minutes in hell, I’d imagine, would seem an eternity,
Each second drawn out for millennia worth of suffering.
Three minutes in heaven, I’d imagine, would be whisked away
As petals of small flowers in the wind carrying with them their fragrances:
Laughter, love, joy, life.
Soon three minutes turns into millennia.
So then why is it that when I’m with you I get lost in time?
Why is it that when we’re not together, I lose my sense of smell?
Tell me why, without you, the world barely moves,
Time crawls As an inchworm through earth, gruelingly slow,
Wet, feeling every painful movement through space until…
It has finally arrived.
And there we are again, two petals dancing in the wind,
Two lovers letting eternity blissfully pass them by.
3.03.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.