Just give me three minutes of your time, that's all I ask of you...
It's takin' every ounce of my strength not to call you
And I know that we said we're through,
But I just can't accept that forever doesn't mean the same for me as it does for you.
So I don't wanna hear you say forever when you really mean "just until..."
You see I look at forever as one of two things: heaven or hell.
And I wonder if time exists in either.
Einstein said time was relative
And others say it is as it always was and always will be
So I ask myself would 3 minutes in heaven be the same as 3 minutes in hell?
Three minutes in hell, I’d imagine, would seem an eternity,
Each second... drawn out... for millennia... worth of suffering.
And I'd imagine three minutes in heaven would be whisked away
Like two petals of small flowers dancing in the wind carrying with them their fragrances:
Laughter, love, joy, hope, life.
Soon three minutes turns into millennia.
Tell me, why is it when I'm with you, I get lost in time?
Why is it when we’re not together, I lose my sense of smell?
Tell me why, without you, the world barely moves,
Time crawls like an inchworm through the ground, gruelingly slow,
Wet, cold,
Feeling every painful movement of its body through earth until…
It finally arrives.
Why is it, I'm having such a hard time letting you go.
I just wanna scratch this itch
like a crackhead looking for their next fix.
I wanna call you and tell you all about yourself
And how this... this is my own personal hell
And my very fears of losing you
Came true
Like a self-fulfilling prophecy
And I just wanna make you see
that this suffering isn't easy.
And then I want to take a cold shower in delousing chemicals to get this sweet aroma of you off my skin
And I wanna plug my nostrils with smelling salts to wake me up and let your scent never reach me again.
And I know this might sound crazy
But I don't ever wanna hear again how I'm so amazing
Cuz I'm so tired of amazing not being good enough.
So here I am bearing my cross...
At a crossroads of where to go next.
I know life goes on and all those other clliches
But life without you just won't be the same
Cuz life with you took on a whole new meaning so far
As we shot for the moon and landed among the stars.
We promised the world to each other knowing it's not ours to give.
But there is something of mine that I can give...
My heart and soul on a silver platter.
So dine on them tonight cuz even though we may not be together,
At least the best part of me can nourish you and be with you forever...
I'm goin out on a limb and I'm takin a chance,
I just want three minutes of your time, that's all I ask...
May I have this dance one mo'gin?
Like two petals of small flowers dancing in the wind.
3.03.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.